When incorporated into a building’s design, polymer wall and ceiling systems are an innovative material assembly that can improve the health, safety and well-being of occupants and those involved in the construction process. Polymer wall and ceiling materials are an environmentally sustainable alternative to many traditional building materials like drywall or fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP) panels. They provide unique hygienic properties to protect the health and well-being of occupants as well as performance and aesthetic benefits to improve the safety of those occupying buildings.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the benefits and applications of high-performance polymer wall and ceiling systems to improve the health, safety, and well-being of occupants.
- Define the advantages of using polymer wall and ceiling systems vs. alternatives like FRP and drywall.
- Discuss the types of polymer wall and ceiling systems available and how to use them to meet the required design and performance criteria.
- Understand the environmental benefits of using polymer wall and ceiling systems.
- 1 LU credit: American Institute of Architecture (AIA) Health, Safety, and Welfare (HSW)
- Trusscore is a certified AIA Continuing Education Provider: 404109326
- 1 learning hour: Ontario Association of Architects (OAA)
Ready to get started?
Looking for flexibility? Get your credit immediately with our on-demand option.
Complete this 1-hour course on your own time.
Join a Live Session
It's your chance to learn the course and get answers to your questions in real-time
No live sessions for this course are currently scheduled. Watch this space for updates.
Book a Session for Your Firm
Who doesn't love Lunch & Learns? Gather your colleages and let's do this!