The installation of any product goes smoother when you have the right tools. A Trusscore installation requires just six common tools to achieve a successful installation.
Tools of the trade
- Trusscore products are designed and engineered to install quickly, by professionals and DIYers alike
- Six common tools that are found in almost every toolbox are all that’s needed for a successful installation of Trusscore Wall&CeilingBoard
- A ‘how to install Trusscore’ — tools edition
Trusscore Wall&CeilingBoard was designed to be installed quickly and easily, so much so that anyone – professional and do-it-yourselfer alike – can successfully complete a project.
Just a few common tools are required before you begin. Let’s have a detailed look at the tools that you likely already have on hand, and their purpose, for your installation. There are six required tools in total:
- Drill/Screw gun
- Tin snips
- Handheld power saw
- Putty knife
- Utility knife
Screws are used to affix trims and Trusscore Wall&CeilingBoard panels to your wall. Rather than use a screwdriver, a drill fitted with the correct screw bit, or a screw gun, will significantly speed up your project (and save your wrist a workout).
Tin snips, which are usually used to cut sheet metal, are ideal for cutting trim cleanly and easily.
Handheld power sawA miter saw or handheld skill saw with a fine-tooth blade installed in the reverse direction is the perfect way to cut Trusscore Wall&CeilingBoard panels to length quickly and cleanly.
The first wall panel serves as a guide for the rest of the adjoining panels so use a level to ensure the panel is square to the wall.
Sometimes it’s a tight fit to slip the final panel into both trim edges on the ceiling and the floor. The same holds true for the final long vertical edge. A putty knife is helpful to slightly bend the trims and then guide the panel into its resting slot.
A utility knife with a new, sharp blade is what you’ll use to cut the unneeded screw flange off the final panel before slotting the panel into its trim.
And there it is: six common tools, and you’ll be away to the races with your Trusscore installation. Easy peasy.
Pro installation tips
Here are a few items to put on your checklist that will ensure your Trusscore Wall&CeilingBoard project is successful:
- Be sure to acclimatize your Trusscore products in the room where they will be installed for at least 24 hours.
- Don’t overtighten the screws. Leave them a tad loose so the panel can shift slightly if it expands or contracts in the heat or cold.
- Cut each panel ¼ inch short to leave room for expansion and contraction.
For complete installation help, head to our installation page